background

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer ????

One day it's nice, the next it's not, one day it's nice the next several days are not, I am disliking the pattern we are set in... But as of this very moment it is like 78, not to shabby considering the past few weeks! Lets keep our fingers crossed for this nice warm weather!
My last update was FOREVER ago! Life just gets to hetic, but I'm thankful for it!
So here are a few little updates..
-2 1/2 weeks ago Austin built a boat. Here is a little dialog from that day and the following day.
SATURDAY
Setting: Out back in our pasture
Time: 8:45 (just leaving for the gym, I (devre) walk outback..
Dev: "Hey were leaving, be back soon.." (weird look on my face) "What are you doing?"
Aus: "Building a boat."
Dev: (walking away) "Ya whatever"
a few hours later..
Dev: (walking out back, with my mom) "How's the "boat" Coming?" (laughing)
Aus: no response
Dev: I think it's great! "I will definitely go with you when you take it out...." "With the camera to watch it sink.."
Aus: "I think it's awesome!!"
Dev: laughing
SUNDAY
Aus: (up early and to walmart to buy ores!! LOL)
Dev: (walking out back, and watching Austin)
Aus: (finishing some work on the boat)
Dev: "It needs seats"
Aus: "I will put them in after I take it out and see if it is going to work."
Dev: "Just put some in, you won't be able to row."
a few minutes later
Dev: (setting on a bench in the boat lol)
Aus: (continuing to build some more benches)
Dev: "These are going to get hot in the sun, you need to cover them with something." "Or I can just bring a towel."
Seats are done.
Dev: "How are you going to transport it?"
Aus: "Tie it to the top of my truck"
Dev: (Laughing)
Dev: (driving around back in her truck)
Dad and Aus lifting the boat into the truck..
Dev: (continued laughing)
Later that evening (Windy)
We got home from church and drove up the street to steeds pond. Austin and dad put the boat in the water and it floated!! Here are the pics to show..
 Very Proud
It was very windy, And blew him straight across the pond




Me getting in to help row it back..lol

Not working so well..

Getting the hang of it...
            
Outside paint job (Inside has since been painted tan)

We made It! (Pay no attention to my messy self)


I was wrong. and he deserves a lot of credit. It turned out pretty nice for a boat built in a day!
(Since that time austin has painted it, bought a trolling motor, in the process of registering it and has purchased a few life jackets... The kid has skill! )

I have been taking a few summer classes. One class was just 4 weeks (thank heavens!) It was a PE class where I needed to teach PE to the students at Ogden Prep Academy.... No words will explain how happy I am it's over. I am an athletic person and like playing sports and games, the kids, not so much! My other class (ESL) will be over June 17th, and is pretty low key. Not to bad!
This past weekend my parents, Austin and I all went to the cabin. It was cold and wet. Sunday we woke up to this...


Sick of the weather... YES !!!!


This was the following day... Snow didn't stay BUT STILL!!

The weekend was pretty laid back. I am really looking forward to summer weather and some summer fun!!
Until next time.. HAVE FUN and LAUGH A TON !

Wow corny ? yes.. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment