background

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

There's No Place Like home!

Well I made it! We made it back home in one piece. I was away last week at girls camp. I got called to be assistant camp director a few months ago and have been preparing fro camp over the past several weeks. It was not an easy task! There are so many things that have to be planned out and it was ALOT of work. I was still wrapping school up so I had alot going on. I did my best and planned several things, but Rachel (camp director) DID IT ALL! She was amazing. She was so creative and I was so happy to working along side her! Here are some details:
We left Tuesday morning. My mom and I borrowed our neighbors tent trailer after they offered and I pulled it up (thanks so much Brian and Celeste, We loved IT!) All of us arrived at Valley View camp around 10. We unpacked and got everything set up. It was a beautiful camp. It was on a hillside and very well kept! We had a Bowery to our selves and a beautiful camp site. Later on we handed out totes to the girls with their daily schedules, an ensign and their hoodies they made (they turned out so cute! They used spray paint and stencils.) After the girls created their Rubie Slippers, look at the picture below, this was another huge success! We then passed out Journals that they decorated. We did some other activities and before you knew it it was time for dinner. My mom and Sarah were the camp Chef's! They did such a great job!
The next day we got up had breakfast and went on a huge hike. We hiked to the top of Wolf Mountain. We had one of the priesthood holders run ahead and set sacks out that the girls would find along the way. Each sack had a character from Wizard of Oz on it and goodies to represent that character! Mom and i took our weights and got our workout on. Everyone made it up and back in one piece! It was quite the climb! After we got back to camp the girls did another project in which they created lanterns. I bought mason jars, val spar frosting spray paint, printed out a variety of flower templates and bought some 18 gauge wire. The girls cut out the templates they wanted on their jars or created their own, then they used double stick tape to stick their designs on. I then wrapped wire around the top and created a handle. I spayed the jar and a few minutes later they removed the templates. We put tea lights in the jars NOT candles. The girls did great ! They were so much more creative then me!
The next day we did some other things and then went swimming! We had access to a great swimming pool that they have at this camp. It was beautiful! After we came back to camp played some games had dutch over dinner and prepared for our guest speaker (Rachel's sister, she is 24, served a mission and is a multi talented beautiful girl!) We wrapped up the evening with testimony meeting. The spirit was definitely there. The girls we had were so smart and spiritually strong, they were more an example to me then anything! The next morning we were up bright and early to pack up and head home! We made it home safe and had alot of unpacking and re-organizing to do. I was so happy to be home and to have had a great time! I absolutely loved that my mom was able to be there and that we got to experience everything together!
Thanks so much Austin and dad for making sure we came home to a tidy yard and very clean house!
They were so cute!



The girls getting their totes!

Our cute Cut Outs. We had the lion, scarecrow and tinman!


Our firepit!

The View from our site!

Starting the hike at the bottom of the Ski lift.

Here we go !

Mom with her weights! She beat everyone up and back down!

Our cute baggies we found. this one had bubbles in it.


View from the top. Pine view is the water you see.

The cute slippers I made! with skittles and starbursts in them and a poem called God's Rainbow.


The girls working on their lanterns




The picture does not do justice. Where they put the templates on stayed clear. The rest was frosted.

I did one like this. I got the idea from Sugar Doodle


This picture turned out so cool so I posted it.

Cute young ladies

Oh man the song's have changed since I was at camp and they were hilarious!

Working together!

No comments:

Post a Comment