background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Yummy Cupcakes and The 4th!

Well friends I made some amazing cupcakes the other day! I really am not a fad person or trying to go with what everyone is doing now, but I absolutely love making desserts and I had to give this a try! SO the recipe is from Martha Stewart... I know... and they are chocolate chip cupcakes. I made chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla cupcake batter, and the amazing frosting from scratch! the pics show the process. I highly recommend these!


So you put a table spoon of the cookie dough in first and then 2 table spoons of the batter on top


Baked very nicely! (new oven. Its great!)

Then I made mini cookies to go on top. Harder then you think..


The 4th of July has come and gone, It's crazy how fast the time goes. I started off the day by running the West Point 5K with my friend Paige. We ran it in 27 min and some odd seconds. I was very proud of the time seeing as to how I am not a huge runner!  Thanks for running with me girl! I then came home and chilled for a while and then my fam and I got ready and headed over to West Point Park. We go over every year. They had some funny contests going on and the usual arts and craft stands. I of course had to have a snowie and some cotton candy (sugar high to say the least.) We stayed over there for a couple of hours and then headed home to have a little barbecue. We ended the evening by watching the fireworks on the roof. It was a very nice weekend! 
Austin went up to Island Park to open their family cabin and do some fishing. He made it safely home for the fireworks! 

Our cute porch for the fourth!




 I'm stoked for a fun weekend up at the cabin with some great friends!

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! Those look great Dev! Way to be domestic :) You did SO great running, I had a blast! Loove your pics from Girls Camp, you did a great job! Bear Lake was a BLAST as usual! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete