background

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summertime fun and incidences....


(The Pics are huge on this post because I copied and pasted them instead of uploading them..)
I know the set up looks crazy..
What a great blog title right... Well we have had a fun couple of weeks! July 8, 9 and 10th Austin and I had some friends of ours up to my families cabin (its an annual little get away we do every year.) Aus, I, Haylie, Trevor, Cody and Paige headed up Friday night and spent the next couple of days boating, playing games and eating great food at Bear Lake. We had an absolute blast! Cody and Paige were able to borrows Cody's mom's and dad's boat and we spent all day Saturday out on the lake wake boarding, skiing and having ourselves a great time! We went to Cafe Sabor (as always ;) for dinner, and it was fabulous. They have great Mexican food, which I cannot get enough of! We spent the rest of the Saturday night relaxing and playing some way fun games! It was a very fun weekend with some great friends! Thanks everyone for all that you did!
 
My Boy

Us
girls

Trev Wake boarding (so much better than us! )
Out to Dinner!!!
The following weekend Austin and I were invited to go with the Gifts  (Paige and Cody) to go camping up at
Electric Lake ( same place we went last year). It is so beautiful up there!  We left Friday evening and arrived up there around 7. (Austin took us on a little detour..lol) Everyone was there and were so welcoming!! WE love this family so much, they are so fun and easy to get along with! We spent the evening around the fire and had a wonderful time. Saturday Austin and Cody got up super early to go fishing. Cody came back with the catch of the day! Way to be Cody! We had breakfast and spent the afternoon socializing, playing horseshoes and laying out on the water tramp (I want one of these.)

Paige playing horseshoes!
Cute Cody and Paige!
Later on we headed out on the boats to do some wake boarding... (This is where the incidences comes in from my blog title..) Austin got up and was doing well. He was on his 3rd or 4th time when he went down, hard enough that the board had come off his feet. Everything was normal and we headed to pick him up, we pulled up to him and that's when I noticed his ear had been sliced almost in half! Somehow the board had come up and cut his ear really bad. It was awful! He had not even noticed yet until he saw my face. I had Paige grab me a towel and her bandanna. I was in total shock, but was doing the best I could. Austin was very calm and cool.. (crazy I know). We got back to camp, quickly threw our stuff in the truck, and I raced us down the canyon (tears streaming down my face.) I stopped at the local gas station and asked where there closest ER was and headed there. We got checked into the Sanpete County ER and there the doctor drugged Austin up and did his best to get his ear back together (16 stitches.) We spent the next couple of hours there. The doctor did a great job and took amazing care of Austin. We got back home around 9:00 pm and began the recovery process. Thankfully Austin was o.k! The incident could have been worse and I am so grateful that it wasn't! Thank you Gift family for caring so very much and being a great support system! You guys are great friends!




-Austin is healing very well. We took the stitches out this past Saturday!




Best Buds!
Doing just fine wakeboarding (nothing crazy.)
Not doing so good now... So sad
Picture of the back and his stitches there..



Now to the present. This past weekend we headed back up to the lake (not on the lake this time...)! Mom and I drove up Friday morning and Austin and dad came up that night. We watched movies and had pizza Friday night. Saturday we woke up and Austin and I went off fishing while mom and dad did some puttering around the cabin. After a couple of hours, not having much luck we decided to head back. We mowed and got the yard all pretty and spent the afternoon laying in the sun, reading and relaxing as much as possible. We had yummy beer can chicken that evening followed by more movies.

So cute ! !
Sunday we woke up, dad and Austin went on a four wheeler ride while mom and I sat on the deck and read. (I'm reading The Help and highly recommend it, the movie I believe is coming out in August.) We cleaned up and headed out around 12:00. Austin and I stopped and fished at the second lower damn in Logan canyon. Again we didn't have much luck, but the area we were in was so beautiful! As many times as I have been up and down that canyon I can't believe we had never stopped there! There were bridges, picnic tables, awesome fishing spots, tons of shady areas and was just flat out gorgeous. So take your lunch on your way up to Bear Lake and stop there! It was a beautiful relaxing 24th weekend, hope every ones was to!

Love him!

1 comment:

  1. Bear Lake was a blast as usual :) Thanks for having us! Oh man. What a weekend. Incidents for sure, Codes cousin Stacys little guy even got a tick Sunday am. It was definitely eventful! We're just so glad Aust is okay and that he's healing. It was SO scary, I was just sick about it! Mostly for you! I would've been a mess. So glad you guys came though.. It was fun until that happened! Dumb freak accidents. I'm glad you guys were able to have a RELAXING 24th weekend, you deserved it!! Cute pics hun. Are you loving the Help?! Can't WAIT for the movie. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete