background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Some BIG NEWS!!!!

Well friends, family and loved ones..........
I'M ENGAGED !!!!!!

LOVE HIM!

Austin Lee Carter proposed to me on Saturday September 17th!
Here is a play by play of the events that day..

Cute Picture!

Saturday morning I woke up very early 5:45ish to go take the Praxis test up at Weber State. I arrived at 7:00, got checked in and waited to get things started. We didn't start until 8:00 due to some issues they were having. I finished at 9:45. I think I did o.k but you never know with these things, you hope for one thing and get another... I immediately went to the gym to meet my mom for body combat (which I was late for.) I can't miss the gym Saturday, even if I had a test! Afterwards we headed home and did a little of this and that. Mom and I made some fresh (not more canned) salsa with the tomatoes that are still coming on in our garden. It was very yummy! Austin got home from work and munched on some salsa and worked on a few projects. Later that evening we had made plans with the Gifts (Paige and Cody) to go to dinner at Burrito Grande and then head back to their place to watch the big game! We met for dinner at 6:00 and made it back for the kick off!  (lol the first minute of the game was my favorite with the two fumbles by BYU! Cracked me up! )

(Paige I had to steal these!!! To dang cute!!)
We snacked on some chips and salsa(wow I'm eating this alot, but hey it's one of the healthiest sacks for you,) all of us continued giving Cody grief about BYU (never gets old), and had a wonderful time!

Paige Austin and I rubbin it in Cody's Face! LOL
Austin and I decided to head out at the beginning of the third (Utah being way ahead, and myself being exhausted) I wanted to get to bed. We got back to my house and he asked to walk out back. I was not suspicious at all, I thought he needed to grab something out of his truck. We walked, and as as we got into the pasture I noticed this big dark thing (it was pitch black so I couldn't tell what it was.) I asked what it was and that's when he clicked some button that I couldn't see. This Huge sign lit up which said ("Devre Will You Marry Me?"), he got down on his knee and said "Devre I have loved you forever, will you marry me ?" I was crying at this point and said "Yes of course I will!"

This was taken the next day, (all these pictures actually, It was late when we got home.)
He did such a great job! LOVED IT!
He had made the sign at work and had done such a great job! I love how talented he is and how creative this was! I didn't know he was going to purpose that night and loved that I didn't know or had pushed him to!
I ran in and told my mom and dad. He had asked them for their permission a year ago and my mom said yes and my dad said no (Lol if you know my dad you know why, but in a sorta joking way. HaHa) Austin had also purchased the ring awhile back (like more than a year ago) and it was all paid off and the most gorgeous thing ever!!! He picked it out all by himself with no help or input from me and I love that aspect as well! 


The ring is being sized and the diamond is being lowered into the setting a little (I don't want it to catch on stuff.) My band may be my grandma's band (if it works.. or another similar to the ring) LOVE IT!
My parents, Austin and I walked out back and looked at the sign. My mom didn't know about the proposal happening that night so she was as shocked as I was (my dad had helped Austins dad and brother set it up.)
I am so happy that I have found a handsome, smart, talented, good hearted, hard working, loyal, loving Man! I can't wait to spend the rest of forever with him.

We are thinking of getting married next summer sometime.. I have to get school done with first (graduate next spring!!)

What an amazing weekend !!!
GO UTES LOL!!


3 comments:

  1. How AWESOME was that game?!? GO UTES :) Thank you for spending the evening with us, always so much fun!! We're soooo excited for you two and I LOVE your ring (I've been waiting for this moment forever, ha ha!) I'm so happy he finally did it and the way he did it is adorable :) You are one loved girl!! So excited for the wedding and of course for you to graduate! Let me know how you did on your test when you find out and let's try to go to Red Zone SOON! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dev! I am soooooooooo happy for you guys! Congratulations! You have def found a great guy! And he loves you so much! You two are going to be so happy! Good luck with school:)
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I'm so excited to have you as my sister-in-law! That sign is adorable and your ring is GORGEOUS. I love that you were surprised...You guys are so cute! We love ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete