background

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Homemade Holiday Hand Scrub!


Yesterday I was looking around on the Internet for gift ideas for our neighbors. We usually bake (and we still will, but I wanted something more personal.) While searching I found this darling idea of making a body scrub. I found a few different recipes and decided to do a hand scrub instead. They turned out so darling and were super simple to make!!

Here is how it was done:
I went to the store and got some Dawn Hand Renewal soap (get the biggest one), a bag of sugar (pure white, you could do brown but I wanted my mix to be white)  and some small cute jars.
First: Measure the sugar in the size jar you will be using (I had 12 jars so I put 12 jars of sugar in the bowl, I also did two batches because my bowl was not big enough to mix all of it at once.)

Second: You add the hand soap to the consistency you want. I would add some, stir, add some more. I did mine fairly thick, kind of the consistency of the stuff you use at Bath and Body works.

Third:  I then added some Doterra Peppermint oil (12 drops, then I put 1 drop on the top of each mixture before I put the lids on.) The recipe said you could use peppermint extract (that you cook with), but I didn't want that! The Doterra oil is actual good and nourishing for your hands and elevates your mood so I went with that instead.
I am a big fan of essential oils and use them for everything, from my sore muscles to a blemish on my face! Love them!

 Fourth: My mom cut out wrapping paper to go on the lids, I made some Christmas labels and we tied some ribbon and a spoon onto the jars. 

The finished project was super cute and it really took maybe an hour to complete the whole thing!  

Next I am attempting:
Red Velvet truffles and Black Berry Mini Tarts! They look and sound amazing!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my heck, how ADORABLE!! You guys always do the cutest things :) So cute Dev! I'm so excited for you that you'll be at Lakeside, YAY! Couldn't be more perfect for you! Can't wait to see ya tonight! Its been WAY too long!

    ReplyDelete