background

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day !!!

Well it was a wonderful day full of love!



These are just some of our Valentines decorations!

I got up earlier than normal and put some hearts in my dads van with some things for him to munch on on his way to work. I then finished getting ready and headed to Starbucks (for some coffee for my mom) and then  over to her work (before she got in) and decorated her desk with candies and hearts. I love doing little things for people that they don't expect.I finally arrived to my work/school and got the classroom ready for the kids (I'm still at Lakeside until this Thursday.) I put hearts up around the door and decorated the white board (this is the stuff I live for. I love the fun things in school!) I went down and was able to observe the kindergarten teachers for an hour and I was able to get some great ideas! During my lunch break I ran to Jimmy Johns and got Austin lunch. I ran it to his work and put it in his lunch room (un-knowingly to him) and ran back to work. The rest of the day went by as normal until 2:05 then the Valentines day festivities began!

The valentines I made for the kids! They also got some airheads...lol

 We have some great room mothers plan some fun things for the kids to do! One mom brought in Einstein begals in the shapes of hearts! I loved this, so much better then the normal donut and cookie routine! While our party was going on I ventured down to the gym where the 6th graders were having a stomp, and can I just say I never had a dance in elementary like this one! The kids were dressed to the hilt! Boys in black shirts with hot pink, red, white and purple ties and the girls were all dressed up and looked darling! They were having so much fun. I stuck around and watched them do a couples dance (the waltz) and they did so GOOD!!!! I loved it! We wrapped up our class party by having the class pass out their Valentines. I got so many cute things from them! I love the students so much! I am dreading leaving them!

I recieved so many cute things! I just can't put into words how much I love these kids! They are such a wonderful class.

SOOO CUTE ! from Derek


The teacher I have been working with drew me this as my going away present! He is very talented! I am going to frame it and put a teaching quote between the two owls!

After school I came home and wrapped Austin's moms B-day present (cute sweats and a CD) and Austin and I ran it out to her. We came home and did Valentines here. Everyone is so loved and got completely spoiled! Austin got some sweats, a Utah Jazz Hat and some other fun things. My mom got a darling shirt, knifes, a gift card and such.  Dad got a pedicure (lol he really wanted one, long story!) and the Book of Morman on CD and a few other items. I received a mini shark vacuum cleaner (yes I am compulsive and like cleaning supplies), some darling owl items and Utah Utes work out wear from Austin, a couple dessert cooking items and a gift card to my salon! 




My classroom is going to be based around owls, hence all the owl stuff. I have loved owls  (and wolves) for a long time before they became popular. Now I am able to find them everywhere so I will use this to my advantage!


It was a wonderful day and I am a very loved person! I love my family and Fiance so much that it is un explainable!  

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics Dev!! I'm glad you guys had a good Valentine's Day! Ps.. I'm SOOO excited for you to get to teach! You'll do awesome :)

    ReplyDelete