background

Monday, March 12, 2012

Nice weekend, besides one minor detail....

Well this weekend started out great!! Friday after work my mom and I grabbed some Papa Murphey's, cooked it up and we all ate pizza and watched the Jazz play. It was a nice relaxing evening, something that was well needed by everyone. Saturday was a usual day. We hit the gym, ran a few errons, and headed home. We decided to go to Typanyaki (spelling may be wrong..) I have been before, but mom, dad, and Austin had never experienced it. We headed out early (due to the Jazz playing again) and had a blast! The food was amazing and so was our chef. It is a pricey place, but so worth it!! Another great Evening!
Well Saturday night into Sunday morning I began to get a very sore throat, around 1:00am Sunday morning I was in tears. My throat had never hurt so bad! I could hardly turn my head, it was a bit hard to breath and I was in a ton of pain. I didn't go back to sleep. Austin woke up around 7 and found out what was going on and ran to the store to get some over the counter stuff. I tried what he got but it didn't help at all. I got on the computer to check out my doctor, but they don't have any facilities in the area with urgent care open on Sunday. My mom then woke up and said I needed to go to the emergency room. Austin took me to Davis Hospital and we began the check in process. Luckily there was only one couple ahead of us, unluckily was the fact that even though I got checked in, and placed in a room it took forever for the doctor to see me! After what seemed like forever and many tears cried, the doctor made it in. I had to x-rays and my throat swabbed. After some more waiting I was diagnosed with strep throat, a pretty bad case of it! They gave me some steroids to cut the swelling, pain killers and antibiotics. I am on the mend now, but was contagious for 24 hours, so I had to get a sub for work . I hate missing work due to being sick, but there was no choice in this case. I feel for anyone who has had this, It is an awful. awful thing to go through!

No comments:

Post a Comment