background

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor Day Weekend and another Cabin post..

I can't believe it's already September! Where does the time go??? We had our first break since being back to school and work this past weekend. We had Monday (labor day) off so we  decided to head up to the lake. We aren't going to make it back up there until October due to a this upcoming busy month, so we thought it would be a good idea. Plus this will be the last warm weekend there, fall will set in and when we come up next all the leaves will have changed and the cool temperatures will have set in! Again I can't believe were back to this season again! Mom and I were able to get away Friday afternoon. We took our time and stopped a few places on the way there. Logan canyon was super busy! I guess several people had the same idea as we did! The guys got away after they got off work and headed up around 4:00. We sat around Friday night, had some pizza and relaxed! Saturday was pretty much the same.

The Sunrise

Austin and dad went up and looked for some helpless doves to shoot..lol

Saw a Bambi
I grabbed a new book in town called Safe Haven by: Nicholas Sparks I love him and have read almost all of his books! I started Saturday and finished it over the weekend, very good! We laid out and got some sun (too much for me, or my nose anyway, still suffering from the side effects!)

Sitting around (note, I'm in the shade now)
We went down to Cafe Sabor fro dinner, and again they didn't fail to please! SO GOOD. Truly one of my favorite places ever. After dinner we grabbed some shakes and headed back to the cabin. We put in a movie and in the middle of it our dogs started growling (which led to barking and freaking out) . We got up and looked outside and there was a bull moose and a cow drinking out of the water tub that we set out for animals! It was crazy! I walked out on the deck and got some pictures, they were so close, kind of a little unnerving, but I maintained my distance. They hung out for quite awhile. It was so cool. One more reason why I love the cabin!


Sunday we got up, did a little of this and that, then got ready to go. It was so nice and relaxing up there. Monday we got up and did some things around the house and out in the yard. It was a laid back weekend and very well spent!  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a PERFECT weekend!! I'm jealous, love that cabin! How cool you guys saw a bull and cow moose!! Kinda scary so close, but way cool! I want to read that book! Now I'm craving Cafe Sabor :) Can we please get together asap?! Maybe next weekend? I know you guys are busy, let me know!

    ReplyDelete